George Carlin: It looked pretty good. It was pristine. Paradise. Have you seen it lately? Have you taken a good look at it lately? It’s fucking embarrassing. Only a nation of unenlightened halfwits could have taken this beautiful place and turned it into what it is today: a shopping mall. A big fuckin’ shopping mall. [...]
Tag Archives: quotes
Long ago I realized that it’s often better not to quit a suspected bad idea, but to explore it and learn from it. @substack just gave me more insight into this: Don’t unpublish your bad ideas. The best argument against a bad idea is to implement it well. – James Halliday (@substack) The last sentence [...]
I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. — Henry David Thoreau (seen in the lobby of Hotel Palomar in San Francisco last week)
To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men,—that is genius. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time…The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time. — Tom Cargill From a nice list of programming quotes.