Right now I’m studying the discipline of shipping, in several different ways:
- I read Linchpin and listened to the audiobook twice.
- I’m reading Ship It!, one of the early Pragmatic Programmer books.
- I watched Giles Bowkett’s Awesome Movie twice.
- I’m taking Amy Hoy and Alex Hillman’s Year Of Hustle Zero to Launch Course.
- I’m scouring the Internet for insight into the mantra, Real Artists Ship.
It’s a bit of an obsession, but I think it’s important, especially for me, since none of these things came naturally to me. Also, I think that the best time to learn about something is when you have a seemingly unhealthy obsession with it. If I’d latched onto Ruby on Rails back in 2006…